Monday, March 1, 2010

A Touch Of Reality.

This afternoon I found myself on my laptop in my grandmother's living room. Enjoying just relaxing reminding myself I'm indeed on vacation. It's been nice having the time to blog hop around the world wide net without knowing in the back of mind that I have to do lesson plans or make crafts or cut out letters for a bulletin board.

So, I hopped over to a few of my favorites.

And smiled when one of them had a new post...

However, that smile didn't stay.

My eyes felt moist...

As I continued reading...

Can't even fathom how they can be so strong...

Ashleigh over at Heart & Home is going to have to say goodbye to her husband, to her love again for 13 months.

Her and her husband told their small boys...

*Heart Breaking*

I'm posting this to ask you all to pray for their family.

I'm also going to post a writing I wrote before I knew Ashleigh, through this blogging world, before I even blogged at all. I posted it a few years ago on this blog. I then posted it when Ashleigh's husband came home a couple of summer's ago. But I am now going to post it again. I had decided a while ago that even though I wrote this before I knew of this beautiful family I am going dedicate it to them.


Daddy's Home!

Sitting on a hard plastic chair a three-year-old little boy waited.Watching his mother scan the airport he decided to do the same.Looking at his “Military” clothes he fiddled with his hands.Hours passed while his deep blue eyes watched as soldiers walked by.

Kicking his legs against his seat he stopped in a halt as he watched his mother come to her feet. Her hands started to tremble as she grabbed his small hand.Slowly they passed by people talking, laughing, crying and yelling.Passed the hugging, the hand shaking and holding.All of a sudden the little boy couldn't’t hear a thing.

His face was wet but he wasn’t sure why as he held tighter to his mother’s soft hand.Then in a distance he saw him. He paused and looked up at his mother’s pretty face that matched his own. Tears streaming down, she called to his daddy.His dad stopped like he was having a dream. His dark, serious face stared at his mother.

Then like somebody had turned on the light, his face became a smile. He ran like there was no tomorrow and then stopped.He lifted the little boy’s mommy up. He watched as both his parents laughed with delight.A moment the small boy would never forget, his daddy looked at him, he slowly let go of his wife and hunkered down to face his son eye to eye.

“Daddy, I love you!” The small boy whispered while the man scooped him up and vowed he would never let him go.

Written by: Ginger

So Ashleigh this is for you and for any other families who are counting the days until you can wrap your arms around your husband, your wife,mother,father etc...

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Thanks, Ginger! :)

Ashleigh Baker said...

Thanks so very much for this, sweet Ginger. I've been meaning to come over here and thank you all week, but had no internet on my laptop and it's a little hard to comment with my phone! : ) You are so precious, and you've blessed me with this post!

ladyfelicity said...

I was just over at "Heart and Home" ...

This is SO beautiful. Thank you for sharing with all of us!