Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Raining, reading and more

LOL....I am sure when you saw that title you couldn't wait to read my post. I am afraid I just don't have that much to write about today. It's raining today, it's still morning but it looks very dark and wet out.

I am reading Bamboo and Lace by Lori Wick of course. It's one of her older books. I have read it before but it's just as good the second time around. Nothing beats curling up in your bed on a rainy day and traveling to Hawaii where you know no one. (Sigh) What a life! lol...

It's not that I don't have anything else to talk about. I actually have big news but I don't know if I want to share it until I know it's definite. But when it is, I'll tell you about it. Until then I would appreciate your prayers on my little secret. I can tell you this I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Oh okay, I'll cave just a little. It's a job offer and it will be in the evening so it won't interfere with my day care or the school. But, that's all I am going to tell you!lol..

Okay, I should close for now. Keep dry and find a good book!

6 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

I do love rainy days just because they do make a person want to relax. Of course when there are things to be done it makes it hard to get motivated to get busy. I'm not one for reading but my daughter Kristina is. She loves Beverly Lewis and has several of her books. I believe she also has a few of Lori Wick's books too. I do good to read my Bible so I try not to spend time reading anything else when I don't give near the time to the Word of God that I would like to. I'll be praying about this job opportunity you have coming your way. May God show you the direction He would have you to go with it.

Kori said...

I love rainy days... Yesterday it was rainy and wet all day and I had nothing to do since I have no school. So I did just what you are doing--I curled up on my couch with a blanket and a book! I I finished A place called home yesterday :) You were right, it is very good! Bamboo and Lace is also very good! I like that one alot! Who am I kidding-- I love 'em all! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! Here is the answer to your Q, and I'll warn you now, this comment is going to be long! :-)
To put a picture in your header, load it in a post and click the "Edit HTML" tab at the top of the post. Then you will find two "addresses" for it, the 1st up higher, and the 2nd lower, and you have to pick the 2nd one. Copy it, and go to the "Template" tab, and click "Edit HTML". Scroll thru the HTML until you see:
/* Blog Header
Then look for:
#header {
background:$titleBgColor url
underneath it, and paste it in between the (" "), and erase the current one. Right next to the ( ) is
no-repeat left bottom
Change this to:
repeat-x left bottom
By changing the "left bottom" part to something like "top center" etc, you can show different parts of the pic in the header. Remember to always click "Preview" to see how it looks before saving the changes. Hope this helps! If you have any more Q's, I'd be happy to help!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that really was loooong! Sorry! :-)

Kris said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog, it is always fun to meet new people. I do love rainy days too, as long as I am not out golfing... that is not fun, Trust me, I have to golf 4 hours in the rain at a tournament...brrrrr... I was so cold, and I bet you guessed it WET! lol

Good luck with the job offer i will be waiting to hear how that turns out... Blessings

Goldfish said...

Bamboo and Lace is a really good book! I don't actually own it, but Suzanne let me borrow it one time.