Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blogging

It's 8:45. I have exactly fifteen minutes to write a post before my show comes on. Will I make it? I have taken I don't know how long just to get this far. Sometimes I am overwhelmed with all I have to write and other times I wrack my brain for something worth writing about.

Starting a blog was something I wanted to do. I considered myspace (no offence to all the myspacers out there) but, that's just not for me. I like to be unique and instead of following the crowd I decided to be a blogger.

At first I wrote a post three times or so a week but, I had no comments. Except for one faithful reader, I think, I had no viewers. Then I understood how I needed to get them. I started googling different bloggers. I found this Christian girl around my age who is a home school graduate and still lives with her family. I thought this is neat. I went on her comments and found other people. I wrote a comment to her and others and lo and behold my comment in box started to fill up. I was so excited.

Now, I am addicted lol...I blog all the time. If I am not writing a post I am looking at my favorite blogs or searching for new ones. I am now a faithful blogger!

I hear the theme song of my show down stairs so I will end for now. But, I will leave you with this, being a blogger has opened my eyes to a new world. A world where I can share my faith, my life and just do what I love... writing. Thank you for reading my ramblings. I do appreciate it!

4 comments:

Sis. Julie said...

I know what you mean about not having many readers. When I first started my blog I started it because a friend of my daughter's started one and I saw it as an opportunity to be a ministry of sorts to help teach and/or encourage others that are striving to live for God. My readers have changed over the course of the past couple of years. I now have new readers and even some of my original readers. Leaving comments on other's blogs also has helped to widen my scope of viewers. It has been a real blessing to be able to have my blog. There are times when posts won't get any viewers or commenters but I know God put it on my heart to have my blog so I try to be faithful to it like I try to be with anything I do for God. May God continue to bless you and your blog.

Alyssa Faith said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Ginger! I ditto Julie's comment :o)

Lyndy said...

Found your blog by way of Julie. I too can relate to not having many readers but I haven't been doing it that long yet.

I will be back to visit again.

Lyndy in GA

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Blogging CAN be addictive!! I can say that I don't spend as much time doing so now as I have done in the past.