Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A Mother's Prayer

Yesterday I was thinking about a mother that a friend of mine told me about. Her little boy is in a very progessive stage of Cystic Fibrosis. I received an email a week or so ago that he wasn't doing very well. I am not sure if this family is saved, but I wrote a poem with this mother in mind and I wrote it from a Christian prospectve. I ask you to pray for this family and that little baby.

A Mother’s Prayer

It was like a dream come true Lord, when I first held my newborn son. Do you remember how I couldn’t stop thanking you for the precious blessing you had given us? I was scared when they told me and my husband that our son had a disease. But I prayed Lord, you know. I prayed that he would be healed despite what they say.

Months turned to a year and every day he has gotten worse. Lord how can this be? He’s my son, my baby son. I know his every move, when he cries and when he laughs. He fills my heart with pleasure and the dreaded truth.

Every moment, every day I pray Lord, I pray. For one mighty touch on his precious heart to make that disease go away. I watch him decay away and my heart cries for this to change. Lord he gets worse every minute of every day. PLEASE MAKE THIS DISEASE GO AWAY!

Lord, I am sorry I just can’t accept that this child in my arms will soon draw his last breath. I fall on my knees and other days I praise, but, days like these I rant and rave.
Every moment he lives is a testimony to you. And one day soon I know he will be with you.

On days when I can’t get over the truth I think about you. I see the cross and your Son on that tree. Yes, you had to see him leave. Then my heart screams with joy for I know because your Son had to die for our sins and rose again. I will be able to see my son healthy and whole again.

I must admit, I know I will have to be reminded again how much you love me. For when I see my baby in his crib I ask you Lord, why does my son have to die?

Written By: Ginger

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoah, that was beautiful! I must say, even though you read that for Chandler's mom, it meant so much to me. I will send it along to her. They are a wonderful Christian family, and they are trusting God with Chandler's every breath. He came home from the hospital yesterday and has seemed to stabalize some for now. I will keep you updated. Please continue to pray for him and his whole family.