Friday, August 28, 2009

k4 fun!

Being a K4 teacher gives me the chance to remember how fun,sweet and innocent childhood can be.

I have days where I need my hot cup of tea and to kick off my high heels and just cuddle with my baby brother when I get home. But even on the most tiresome days, I can't help but think how rewarding my job really is. I realize how blessed I am to be able to work with these precious jewels.

So yesterday I started thinking that it would be fun if I shared some of the adorable things my students tell me in one day.

“It's story time and Amber Lamb is scared to go to school. Were you scared when you started school Tuesday? Child: “A little. I was very happy to see our classroom wasn't like Little House in the Prairie

“First day of school”
Child: “How long is school? Because my mommy is going to miss me a lot!”

“Alright, it's time to go to the restroom.” Child: “Miss P? Do you just like going to the bath room?”

“These little cards are warnings. Let's try not to have one on our desk! (Later on speaking to a student) “Do you need another warning?” Child: “Yes, I would like that very much!”

Bible time! “How did God write the Bible?”

Child: “With a pen and a crayon.”
Another Child: With a feather and ink.

“Miss P can I tell you something? On Tuesday my mommy cried a little when I went to school. She misses me."

“Miss P “We are going to have fun. Me, you and ______ (another student) can swing on the swings at recess!”

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kids can be so sweet and innocent:)

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny!! That's hilarious about the warnings and about the bathroom!! LOL!

Morgan

Unknown said...

Awww they are darling :) and so blessed to have you for their very first teacher!!!!!!!! How sweet! :)