Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Day!!

I absolutely love school!





The smell...





The atmosphere...





The idea of it...





The whole school thing...





But when there is a possibility of a snow day...





When there are rumors that snow is in the forecast...





When I can imagine myself sleeping in...





A snow day sounds divine!





So this morning I woke up willing my phone to ring. When the clock read 5:50. I realized no one was calling and school was indeed on.





I started my day, getting up, putting my hair in a pony tail standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom doing my make up and listening to the Dixie Melody Boys on my mp3.





I went into the kitchen and watched the water boil in the kettle I knew it needed a few more minutes before it would be ready for my oatmeal so I decided to get dressed first.





I grabbed my sweater and denim skirt and climbed up the stairs. I draped my outfit on my desk chair and started making my bed while still listening to my mp3.
When my bed was made I grabbed my clothes and just when I was going to get dressed...I heard a noise...

Not a strange noise, a unique noise but a very familiar noise. A wonderful noise the mp3 went flying onto my bed while I quickly check the id willing it not to be a friendly wake up call from my older brother indeed it was from the school. "Miss_____ today is an unpaid snow day." (Funny man!)

I was so happy. I just wanted a snow day!



So during my snow day. I decided I would finally get up in my room and clean. I actually made it up there put rolls of Christmas wrapping paper on my bed, threw away a box, put in my planner that today was a snow day brought down my laptop to the baby's nursery and forgot about cleaning my room. Oh, well it's the thought that counts.

Instead I have been enjoying my snow day with my love, my sweet my baby brother! He has been a little cranky today more teeth are coming! But in the above picture I took this afternoon right after his short nap!

I'm now going to "publish" this and I'm not sure what I will do next. Maybe play with my Jeremy some more. Cuddle, snuggle,laugh, make faces, enjoy his cooing, even his whining. I love that boy.


How about you? Any snow where you are? Did you have a snow day? Or were you basking in the sun smooshing your toes in the hot sand? Tell me enlighten me...comment...:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Sounds like you had a good day! :) We have about 3-4' of snow...but are supposed to get more!!!

Morgan

Amanda B said...

I'm also a teacher (K-6, I teach Spanish). Like you, I love school, I love my students, and I love teaching...BUT...I LOVE snow days! We just had one last week :)