Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let's Grow Together

*This picture was taken in our back yard.*
*Photographer: My Daddy*



Tonight, I was talking to my mom about ideas for my class room. During our conversation we started discussing the childhood song "Read Your Bible."





After our conversation was over, I went up stairs and the song stayed in my head. I started thinking how that child hood song holds so much truth in it.






Read Your Bible, Pray everyday, Pray everyday,Pray everyday, Read your
Bible pray everyday and you will grow,grow,grow!

If we don't read our Bible and pray everyday what will happen to us? We will certainly not grow. I have found that out in my own life. At times I have found myself not reading my Bible as much not praying as much as I should and my attitude changes.

I get into a place where I'm not being the Christian I should. I'm not pleasing my Heavenly Father. And when I get into that place knowing I need to do something, knowing my heart is not being watered, knowing I need to do some MAJOR deweeding. I STOP and I PRAY. I then realize my heart needs some "Miracle Grow" So I start reading my Bible. I can feel my heart blooming, my heart growing as I read verses like...

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap,
if we faint not.


Galatians 6:9

or....

...lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

Don't read your Bible and forget to pray. Forget to pray. Forget to pray.Don't read your Bible and forget to pray.And you'll shrink, shrink, shrink!

Lets not shrink, my friend, lets grow together.....



Lets keep those hearts watered...


Lets not shrink....but grow in the Lord.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that picture!!!!

And a needed reminder too. :)

Morgan