Monday, April 30, 2007

A Funeral, kids and thrift stores

Hello to all the bloggers!!
I have so much to write about! School went great this week. I love helping out there. The kids are so much fun and so sweet. The next day I had nursery at a funeral. A pastor died and the funeral was on Saturday so me, my mom and sister took care of thirteen kids along with another helper! Yeah...that was fun! Actually it really was. But it went on for about four hours so the kids were getting pretty restless by the time the parents came.

Yesterday we were heading home from church and we stopped at this thrift store. I always opt to stay in the car and read. So, I am reading this novel when my mom comes out and tells me Carole (my sister) wants me to go in there. She found something she knew I would love. I go in there and she has the cutest tier skirt and all the tags were still on it!! It was six dollars (original price forty four dollars.)So I was happy with Carole's find and it went right into the washing machine when we got home. Carole says to me "Will you go in there more often, now?" I said "No. You can just find stuff for me!"

Okay, I need to get going!


3 comments:

haert2home said...

Love the new layout!

Jacob said...

Hey, Ginger. Found your blog through Bethany Wissmann's.

Yeah, kids are awesome. Other than that, I'm not sure how much we have in common. But your post "In a blink of an eye" expressed the same Message that has made my life worth living. I'm very glad to hear someone else echo it! As believers in Christ, we have the One thing in common that matters most.

Keep blogging about it! Peace. --Jacob

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Hello, Ginger.......thanks for stopping by my blog!! Even though I've been blogging for over 2 years now, I don't have too much "great" advice for you concerning blogging. :)
I did inform friends and family about it when I first started and I've picked up on quite a few readers by just commenting on other like-minded blogs. As far as having something to write about, I still "draw a blank" at times, but sharing a busy life with 7 others often brings something interesting my way. :)
Don't give up and give yourself time to get used to it! Also, try to be an encouragement to your readers!