Monday, November 10, 2008

And so the story goes....










I know this post is a little late, but I didn't want all of you to be so disappointed. So I decided better late than never.





My sister and I voted for the first time this past Tuesday. The excitement and anticipation, the knowledge that my little vote could make a difference was a wonderful thing. I let my students get in on the excitement right before Bible at the beginning of the day.











A little girl looked me straight in the eye and said "I hope you are voting for Senator John McCain." Who said children weren't smart?? Too bad she wasn't old enough to vote!





Well, after school I went home and a little while later jumped in the car with my sister and parents and went the short distance to vote.





We were giddy as two sisters going to the circus for the first time. We got in, registered and then the moment we were all waiting for, we were getting our ballots.





The women asked us "Would you like to state your party?" Carole and I looked at each other. "Did she just ask us to go to a party?" Our eyes were saying to each other. "Republican....Demo..." Our mouths made silent "Oh's" Well...okay...lol....LOUD "OH....WE ARE REPUBLICANS!!!" We nearly screamed at the poor women. She smiled sweetly and wrote it down. Next the ballots landed in our hands and my sister and I smiled at each other and made our way to the booths.




Stopping many times so dad could take a picture of each step of our voting! lol(Hey, I guess this means I am still a dedicated blogger if we had our father following us with a camera.) lol











When I stepped into the booth I knew this was a day with a story I could tell to my children and grandchildren. I can share my excitement, the joy I felt doing my part for my country. The giddiness I felt as Carole loudly whispered to me through the other booth and thinking we may be kicked out of the place.











When I had my "I voted" sticker on later in the night while I surfed on the Internet, keeping up with the election, going on yahoo news and going down stairs from time to time asking my dad how it was going on the television. It was exciting to know I helped even though the end results...well we all know how they turned out.


But, I hope you know God is in control and we shouldn't worry!



Tell me was this your first time voting, or your tenth time? How did it go?







Yes this HUGE gap annoys me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure why there is such a huge gap!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!




















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! I don't know why the huge gaps either, but I ignore them and read anyway. ;)

I'm glad you finally posted your voting story. :) It sounds like you gals had fun!! It also sounds like maybe you all use paper ballots? And why did they have to know party? Around here they only have to know that for the primary elections.

It wasn't my first election to vote in (I think it was my 3rd or 4th...), but it WAS the first time that I got to vote in a Presidential election. This year I had to vote absentee since I was working the polls which is kind of a bummer because then I don't get to vote on Election day. :P :)

Morgan

Washburn Family Christmas Trees said...

Please read my latest post and comment...