Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks.

It's so much fun this time of year. It always comes so fast and always leaves just as fast. I love the giving and receiving. ;)

The sweet card in my mail box at school.

The unexpected phone call from a friend that is in a different country.

The small surprises that seem to appear around this season.

Last week in school I taught my kids the story of the first Thanksgiving. We went over everything and at one point we started a list a list on board that named what we were thankful for and with no helping at all my kids made up a list longer than the room I had on the board.

I was so humbled at all they were thankful for.

So tonight as I sit in my warm bedroom on my cozy bed I am going to create a list of my own.

My Salvation

My Lord

My Family

My church

The school I work at

The Food on the table

Please if you read this post comment on one thing you are thankful for...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the beautiful sunshine today and the crisp fall air, the warm cozy fire in the fireplace, and the sweet baby to sit and rock in the rocking chair! And I'm thankful that God is always faithful ... my sweet FIL is in the hospital pretty serious today so our thanksgiving dinner has been postponed ... but my little family didn't complain at all when I fed them taco soup for thanksgiving dinner!!! :)

Have a great day!!

love you!
Jodi