Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet Bliss...

Last year around this time I envisioned days like today. Lounging around eating chips and dip, talking, sipping peach ice tea and watching in complete awe of one beautiful baby boy watching me with his big hazel eyes.


Just the simplest things make him smile, I make a funny face he tries to copy, I say can I have a kiss? He blows me a raspberry, when someone new says "hi" to him he rubs his face in my shoulder.


His smile is big while we walk around the yard while he is in his (two dollar) wagon we got at a yard sale last week. He chatters up a storm like everyone can understand him.He will say "Mama up!" "Dadda up!" This morning I taught him to say "Ha~Ha!" Mom, enjoyed that much! ;) He will say "Gic" We are thinking he is saying "Ging." (Which is one of my many nick names) or "Sis" Which Carole and I have referred to each other since he was born. "Go see Sis. Ging." "Are you playing with Sis. Caa?"


He loves to dip his toes in the nice cool sand knock down Mommy's sand castles, and taste the sand on the tip of his tongue.
I find myself sitting on his nursery floor just watching him play. Chattering to himself as he moves around in his room. It's always fun watching him climb up the slide in his room or pull his board books off his shelf to read. And then he gives us extra giggles as we watch him discover something new like his mountain of toys in his toy chest. Carole and I love to play with him. He loves to follow us around. It's always fun to get him laughing so hard he ends up having hiccups and laughs harder. And then there are days like today where being surrounded by stuff animals make his day.
I just love my adorable Jeremy. He really makes our day bright.

Such sweet bliss...

4 comments:

Barbara said...

CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S ALMOST ONE!!!!

Unknown said...

The pictures are so so so precious!!!!!!!!! I was wanting a "Jeremy post"!! ;) He's adorable!!!!!! :)

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Boys are such great fun! I have four sons. Come visit me sometime!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how CUUUUUTE!! LOVED this post! He's ADORABLE!

Morgan