Friday, June 22, 2012

Stress and Strife need faith and prayer

At 4:30 this morning when I woke up I started thinking about writing on here and how my post would go.

Within these couple of years I have found that life in no picnic. I have always known that but when little bits of real life problems start arising in your own life it makes it all the more real.

Getting ready to head to the hospital this morning was okay but I was uneasy I was annoyed with the little things my eye liner getting on my face when I sneezed or the way heat was getting to my stomach.

I went down stairs after getting ready smelling the eggs my mom made me on the table. My dad was washing the dishes his Bible on the table looking like every other morning I can remember but today at this ridiculous hour in the morning was not a normal morning.

This particular morning was the morning my dad was having surgery.

Some people may think we are nuts but we are a close knit family and we want to support our daddy in every way. And if that means getting up at 4:30 to go to the hospital with him thats what we are going to do.

But as I was stressing and fretting in my heart over dad's surgery I knew that God was handling it. He always does. He also reminded me that it could be worse. We have Jeremy with us and we have found a spot in the hospital that is made just for kids but it's also on the center of kids with cancer. And it's been heartbreaking seeing parents coming in this corner asking for cards for food, or fuel and naming their child's illness. My heart is breaking in heart.

Yes...my daddy has cancer and yes it truly makes my life shutter with fear but he is having surgery on it and it's looking real good.

And these families...who knows what hope they have?

I hope beyond hope they have the Lord.

I am so thankful we do.


No comments: