Thursday, April 5, 2012

Grace

The Lord is great. He is so patient with me even when I act as horrible as a two year old throwing a tantrum sometimes, not outwardly but inwardly. As I pray or just sit and sulk I use the word "me" or "I" to often as I let the hot tears stream down my face.

I start feeling like I am not getting my way so something is not right. I then get slap with reality. Maybe it's something I hear on the radio, or read in an article or just looking at some of the families I  know who are struggling. And then it dawns on me I am not being fair. I am being very unfair. I have so much the Lord has given me so much and yet I complain.

The Lord has blessed me beyond measure and I stomp my feet like a spoiled toddler.

I was thinking about that this morning as I looked at my sweet students in front of me I don't allow them to complain to me if they didn't get the flavor jelly bean they wanted however I complain to the Lord when something doesn't go my way.

I know it's good to examine yourself make sure you are doing all you can to do to be the best Christian you can be and so many times I have failed.

Even at that. The Lord once again says here you go.

...and in His hands is a heaping full of Grace...

Grace.

What a word. What a meaning.

Grace.

Makes my heart flutter.

How about you is the Lord handing you some grace today? Grab the grace and loose the pouty lip! :)

No comments: