Thursday, October 24, 2013

I'm just "bugged" out!

There is only one time in my life that I remember sitting in the school office while one of the ladies combed through my hair looking for "nits" I remember I was so creeped out. This poor girl who I found out years later I was wrong about was in my "dislike" thoughts at the time. She had long curly, snarly hair and I was convinced she was the one who brought "bugs" into our school.

 With my long honey blond hair I'm sure the school security was hoping for my mother's sake that I didn't have any creepy lice on my head and thankfully I didn't.

I never, ever, ever had to deal with lice in my hair. NEVER! Does everyone see that word???? N.E.V.E.R

I always got into and itching fit when I would watch the episode of Arthur when Lakewood Elementary had an epidemic of lice swarming through their hallways.


Just a few months ago I watched that episode with my brother Jeremy. I started itching my head just thinking what a horrible ordeal that would be as I watched Mr.Ratburn say "I knew I should have listened to my mother and became an accountant." As they pulled a nit out of his hair.


Does anyone know where I'm going with this??

Anyone feel a need to ask why I'm on my bed at 6:42 in the morning blogging the first time in months instead of getting ready for school?? I should be running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Looking for my shoes, tripping over my skirt, throwing my lunch in my lunch box....but I'm not hmmmm.......

If I was Miss Frizzle we would all be jumping in the bus and flying into my hair. Why may I say that?
 Because my fear has come true. It kept me up most of the night. The dreaded treatment and fine tooth comb will be my life today.

No school for  me as soon as I heard students in my classroom had it I knew it would only be a matter of time.

I'm horrified after 26 years I get it while teaching!!

Are you itching yet?

How about now??




1 comment:

Stepheny said...

Ewww!!! Praying for you Ginger!! :-/